Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The Vegetarian Group

I recently joined The Vegetarian Group, a yahoo group that shares a ton of recipes. Even if you're inbox is jammed, you might want to give this group a try. The number of recipes shared is astounding. The recipes are nicely organized in the files section. I believe you have to join to access the recipes.

Last night I tried Cold Thai Sesame Noodle Salad and it was unbelievably good. It was a nice change from the Peanut Noodles I usually make but just as quick and easy. The original recipe called for 1 Tbs of sesame oil but I put a few drops in instead and it worked fine. The recipe also called for shredded cabbage and carrot mix, which I didn't have on hand. Instead I substituted thinly sliced carrots and chopped broccoli. I steamed these for just a few minutes before adding them to the mixture.

I also made two different kinds of granola last night with recipes from The Vegetarian Mother's Cookbook. I'm curious to hear what the kids thought of them. I'll post the reviews tomorrow.

No comments: