Monday, December 04, 2006

Surviving the Virus

All the handwashing and cleaning I did last week didn't save me from getting slammed with the virus that my son and daughter had. In case anyone's curious, this mom follows her own rules. I too slept on the bathroom floor while active puking was in progress.

I'm feeling much better but my appetite in very minimal and I'm just wiped out, although it hasn't stopped me from teaching classes yesterday and today. Thank heavens for our teenage daughters who were able to run the house while we were out of commission. Leenie even filled in for me at a fitness event for Daisy Girl scouts. Poor child has been in the gym so much over the years that she was able to pretty much replicate the type of class I would have done with them. Of course it helped that she had all my notes but don't tell her that.

Tomorrow I'll blog on the baked oatmeal Leenie made herself and the rest of the kids Saturday morning. I had prepped the dry ingredients the night before so all she had to was add 1 1/2 cups of soymilk. That was a happy accident.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

poor of you, i hope you get better soon!

Anonymous said...

well i wish all of your family get well soon :)

Katie said...

Thank you!