Tuesday, June 05, 2007

A Project a Night

Today's the day, raise a glass with me. The summer manager is back on the schedule as of today! Today our hours will overlap and beginning tomorrow, I'm barely on the schedule. Meanwhile, my to do list at home is growing by the minute but I'm really excited that I'll have the opportunity to attack it.

Jim and I have both begun doing a project a night to make sure the things that need to be done before I leave for the summer actually get done. Jim's focusing on home repairs, like fixing a sagging towel bar and trimming the trees that were growing into my clothesline. I've been focusing on going through cabinets & closets (keep, donate or chuck is the game I've been playing) as well as sneaking in a bit of bulk cooking here to make the summer go smoother.

I envy Jim since his projects tend to be more clearly defined and therefore its easier to see his progress. My progress is measured in more subtle ways like a drawer or closet closing more easily or dinner being on the table at 6:00 instead of 7:30.

No comments: