Thursday, December 18, 2008

Holiday Crafting Day 10

Yesterday was not the crafting extravaganza that I'd hope it would be and, so far, today isn't shaping up much better. Fortuntately, my commitments outside the house are limited today. I'm hoping to make a lot of progress.

The headband project continues. I'm knitting one now with multicolored ribbon yarn. What an absolute pain in the rear to work with. I'm finding you have to be very careful that you don't stab through it as you knit. I do like the way the finished project is looking though. The plan is to wrap up headband production this evening and move on to another pair of mittens.

I mentioned kit type gifts yesterday. The idea for this comes from my sons. They've been pestering me about wanting to build something. I keep saying wait for your father so he can tell you what's ok to use and what's not. It occurred to me that a collection of wood, nails, screws and maybe even a screwdriver and hammer that were for them to use as they pleased might be a really good gift. I'm not sure if we'll actually do this but I like the concept. I'm sure there are many ways it could be incorporated to fit any kids' area of interest. Hmm...must be time for more planning.

No comments: