Monday, June 20, 2005

The Weekend and the Day Ahead

We had a very productive weekend reorganizing the living room. We actually had no choice, later this morning a wood burning stove is being installed there. Motivation comes in many forms.

Today is locker clean out day in the middle school. I expect my daughters to come home with huge bags of stuff. However, the little clutter queens will be sorting their bags out before being allowed out to play. There will be much groaning, as my younger daughter tries to convince me to wait for this task until the sun goes down. I'm steeling myself for the attack even as we speak.

Here's the thing about leaving the pile for later, not only will it not move from the spot it was dumped in, it will probably grow larger. Have you ever noticed how the two or three pieces of paper you place on the counter grow? Clutter causes you to misplace things and you can't be very organized, a big key to frugality, if you can't find what you're looking for.

No comments: