Wednesday, February 21, 2007

There's Nothing Left!

It had to happen sooner or later and it finally did. I've run out of food from my bulk cooking sessions. The last of the red lentil loaf, this time served topped with tomato sauce, is heading out of the house in today's lunches. The last of the homemade granola was packed into Jim's cooler as a midmorning snack. I even used the last slices of Barbara's bread to make toast for the first round of people heading out of the house at 7:00am this morning (Jim, Tasha and Leenie).

I need to get some cooking done to get me through to Saturday. At the very least I need something for quick breakfasts and bread for sandwiches. I don't need to shop, my pantry is well stocked and I have plenty of frozen bananas, so banana bread is an easy choice for breakfasts. My real problem is that I'm working from 8:30 until 3:30 and I have my knitting class from 7:00 to 9:00 tonight. That leaves me a very small window of time to get a lot done, including making dinner and helping with homework!

Deep breaths, visualize success and, if all else fails, stop at Stewarts on the way home from knitting to get a loaf of bread:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope you can find a solution!

Jennifer C. said...

Good luck Katie! Let us know how it goes. I'm anxious to read about another of your ingenious solutions!