Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Sprouts on my Mind

I've just begun reading Sprouts the Miracle Food: The Complete Guide to Sprouting by Steve Meyerowitz. I picked this up at a library book sale a while back. I figure if I'm to really be a part of Path to Freedom's Hundred Foot Garden Challenge in January in the Northeast, sprouting is the way to go. I've had pretty good success with my earlier sprouting attempts and this book seems to have a great deal of information on improving the variety of what I've been sprouting. I'm intrigued.

I also stumbled upon a New York Times Natural Foods Cookbook by Jean Hewitt which has an entire section devoted to recipes using sprouts. There are the sprout recipes you'd expect to see where they're used in salads but the sprouted wheat balls and broiled sprouted wheat patties are high on my list of things to try.

Here's another sprout recipe link we can all explore. I'll definitely be posting more about this soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For whatever reason, I have not had success sprouting in the past. But, I am going to give it another try--thanks for the recipe link!

Courtney