Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Some Days You Just Have to Be Flexible & Something for Your Head

Well I truly thought I'd be able to get some pictures taken to list the the upcycled denim tote bags on SavedbyKate but since the sun hasn't been shining and my picture taking skills are limited, looks like that shop update will be waiting until the snowstorm is over.

I'll leave you with this very loose recipe for a tea to help clear up a stuffy head and cough.  It was told to me by a lovely woman at a winter farmer's market at Vassar College.  I tried to search for it in the blog since we've been making it for years but I came up empty.

In a saucepan pour about 4-6 cups of water and some fresh ginger, about a one inch piece.  I confess to totally winging the amount after all these years.  Bring this to a boil and then simmer for about 15-20 mins.

In a mug put:

  • the juice of half a lemon
  • a pinch of cayenne pepper
  • about a teaspoon of honey 
  • a splash of unsweetened cranberry juice
Top this mixture with the ginger water, straining out the bits of ginger, and enjoy.  


No comments: