Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Success with the Ink Refill & Other Random Thoughts

I hereby declare the printer cartridge refilling a success. It seems my cartridge needed time to let the foam soak up the ink. It also needed to sit on a cloth soaked in the cleaning solution that comes with the kit for an extra hour to unclog two of the jets. These two simple steps made the difference. I'm psyched!

Much of today was spent shoveling snow...maybe Ruthie has the right idea living in Texas. We're still using ashes from our woodstove for traction on icy driveways and paths. I still can't believe how well it works.

There's split pea soup already simmering on the stove for dinner so I'm thinking I'll sink down into a chair and unravel a few more sweaters until Jim gets home. These are the same sweaters I bought to unravel last year and never got around to doing. Now that I did so much holiday knitting it seems to be the perfect time to unravel and refresh my yarn stash.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one left who uses fireplace ashes for traction! My neighbours think I'm strange, but it works!

Anonymous said...

Hope you guys are staying warm. Saw this, and thought of you.http://www.fiberfarmcsa.com/2009/01/my-brilliant-idea-for-january
I'm too far away, but maybe you could benefit.