Thursday, May 04, 2006

Vegetarians in Paradise

I just discovered Vegetarians in Paradise. From what I've checked out so far, it looks like a site with a lot of great information on vegetarian living. The Cinco De Mayo celebration recipes they have posted sound delicious. So many recipes so little time! I may try a few of them tonight using the pressure cooker to speed things up.

I'm planning to do the majority of my cooking for the weekend tonight. This will allow me to spend more time actively participating in things that need to be done around the house this weekend, both inside and out.

I'm shifting my focus to the great outdoors for the rest of today. I need to get several (28 to be exact) holes dug in preparation for some transplanting later on this weekend. Sometimes being frugal means working a little more now so you can reap the benefits later. I'm going to keep repeating that mantra as the sweat drips off me.

Last night we made spaghetti squash and topped it with Russell's TVP Sausage, diced tomato chunks and steamed carrots. Unfortunately, the spaghetti squash was a little overcooked so the strands weren't very strand-like but overall it was delicious.

Enjoy the weekend!

No comments: