Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Baby Blanket - In the Words of Billy Blanks, Double Time Go!

If you've ever popped a Tae Bo workout into your vcr or dvd player you'll get the reference. I got the call early this morning, my nephew has arrived. I've got to get busy! I'll be bringing my knitting to the CSE meeting that I have later today. I always wind up waiting forever for these meetings, so it will be a good opportunity to make some progress.

I've been perusing the More With Less cookbook and I'm leaning toward making some of the master mixes in it. The idea behind a master mix is you only need to add minimal ingredients to make a variety of foods. We seem to constantly be running out of muffins and quick breads for breakfast so a master mix might help. I'm going to give it a try and see if it really is a time saver.

If I really like the results, I might try putting a master mix, as well as, some meals together for my brother and sister-in-law. With an active 2 yr old and a new baby, their time is even less available than my own. Actually, I've always thought that making several meals and bringing them to the new parents is a wonderful gift idea. Although they aren't vegetarian, my brother and his wife are pretty open and generally enjoy our cooking.

I've got so much to do!!

No comments: