Friday, May 04, 2007

Friday Freebies

Thanks to the Ideal Bite tips that I get daily, I've just discovered Earth 911. Its a great site with lots of information on how and where to recycle all sorts of household items. The timing was perfect since Jim just started changing his own oil this past weekend and we were wondering where to take the used oil. You juts pop in your zip code and local resources come up.

I just saw a mention of the South West Trading Company in the newspaper this past weekend. In addition to traditional wool, they make their yarns our of soy, bamboo and milk. I'm so intrigued by the soy and bamboo yarn. They also have free patterns on their site which include the first sock pattern I've ever seen that doesn't require double pointed needles. Maybe I will be able to make socks someday!

Speaking of knitting, I FINISHED THE HOODED BABY BLANKET FOR MY NEPHEW!!!!! I'll post pictures of it soon.

No comments: