Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day

I tried two recipes last night from one the Dr John McDougal cookbooks that I picked up at the library sale last year. One was for a lima bean soup which ultimately recieved mixed reviews. No one wants to have it again but no one was against using it for lunch today.

The other recipe was for Millet Loaf which was truly awful. It combined millet, tomato juice, garlic and other spices. It sounded tasty enough but it wasn't. My goal for tonight's dinner is to see if I can rehabilitate the leftovers of the Millet Loaf. It will be a delicate operation because they're already suspicious about where it might turn up. I'd better make a fun dessert just to cover myself.

In a rare burst of morning energy, I made everyone pancakes this morning. Actually, it was because there were no quick things to grab and I know my daughters will skip breakfast rather than take the time to eat a bowl of oatmeal or cereal.

Happy Valentine's Day to all!

No comments: