Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Magic Loaf Studio and Meatos

Jennifer from The Vegan Lunchbox has a great feature on her blog call The Magic Loaf Studio. It shows you how to make a customized vegan dinner loaf. It is ideal for those of us who are looking to keep our food costs down because you can choose to use the ingredient options that you have on hand. I havn't tried it yet but I plan to in the next few days.

I did try the recipe for Meatos which was posted to the The Vegetarian Group a few weeks back. I really like the recipe but I hate the name. I used chunky peanut butter (natural peanut only peanut butter) and diced tomatoes with a teaspoon of chili powder because I didn't have any diced tomatoes with diced green chilies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if there's a way to prepare one of the magic loaf combinations in a slow cooker. Haven't had a chance to experiment yet, though.

Katie said...

Interesting idea, when you get around to trying it share your results with us.