Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Pineapple Slushie

What do you do with the juice from a can of pineapple chunks? In the past we've drunk it as is or used to make ice pops. Yesterday the kids were clamoring for something different. I'd saved the juice from 3 cans of pineapple chunks so I threw that and a tray of ice cubes into my VitaMix and gave it a whirl. This created a very refreshing slushie that even my very picky neighbor's daughter loved. I may actually have to buy a can of pineapple juice so I can make this more often!

4 comments:

lizhillruder said...

I do something similar- expect I don't freeze the juice. I put the juice along with plain yogurt (dairy or soy) and frozen mixed berries to make smoothies. It works well with any juice from canned fruit-- I've used juicebing cherries, pineapple, nectarines, mandarin oranges etc... Next time I'll try freezing the juice.

KleoPatra said...

Oooh, great idea!!! I also like lizhillruder's idea(s) there. Wow. Fantastic!!

Anonymous said...

Great tip! I always loved Peach Smoothies but the smoothie places by us use milk-based sherbets and/or yogurts so I've had to give them up. Using the peach juice with ice might be a good alternative. Thanks for the idea!

Katie said...

Great idea lizhillruder!
Thanks to all.