Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Barbara's Whole Wheat Bread is a Hit!

When Barbara mentioned that she had come up with a whole wheat bread recipe that had a soft crust I was intrigued. When she posted the recipe I had to try it and the results were just as she promised.

The bread has a fine texture, not as heavy as other home made whole wheat breads and it held together well. It is great in sandwiches, especially with peanut butter and jelly.

I used my bread bucket rather than an electric mixer but it was easy to mix. The only change I made was to substitute blackstrap molasses for honey. So go check out Barbara's recipe today.

2 comments:

Patience said...

I have a bread bucket too! -- an old-fashioned model I thrifted years ago. Will have to try this recipe -- my whole wheat bread crusts often do turn out pretty tough.

Barbara said...

Yay! I'm glad you like it. I made a double batch the other day. Sooo good.

Barbara