Monday, June 11, 2007

A Potholder Production

Jim's working nights so I'll be posting late in the evening this week and next. Our project a night has become a project per morning. Jim spent this morning taking down shutters and clearing things away from the sides of the house. Tomorrow he'll be power washing the house (and the deck too) in preparation for painting it later in the week.

I just started work on the potholders for the boy's teachers. Each one has a handprint on one side with my son's name. The back of the potholder says, "Thanks for giving me a hand!" It is beyond funny to hear a 6 & 8 year old walk around saying to anyone who would listen, "we're giving them a hand because they gave us a hand all year, get it?"

The only flaw with the potholder idea is the number of potholders I need to make. Rob has a teacher and three helpers that he needs to give something to. Kyle on the other hand has a teacher, three helpers, a reading teacher, an occupational therapist and a physical therapist who all deserve to be acknowledged. That's a total of 11 teachers! I usually hand sew my potholders but these babies are getting churned out on the sewing machine as soon as the fabric paint dries.

No comments: