Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Holiday Crafting Day 8

The hat with earflaps is finished and the beret is moving along. I confess to not touching the boxers at all yesterday. The thought of setting up the sewing machine on the kitchen table only to put it away an hour later, exhausted me mentally.

Tonight the boys have promised to help me make some gift wrap out of the brown bags that our bulk beans, grains and flour comes in. I still have everything in the baskets that my yarn is usually in which makes me feel like I've accomplished very little. It will be good to see the pile begin to grow under the tree. BTW, if you're letting kids decorate wrapping paper let them do it before you wrap the presents. You never know when a marker might run through the paper onto the project you worked so hard on.

Are you still stuck for ideas? Check out this post from Threadbanger with links o'plenty to get your creative juices flowing.

Here are some alternative gift giving ideas from buynothingchristmas.org.

Here's a site I just stumbled on with some idea for kids presents. You have to scroll down to see the handmade ideas.

I'm looking for some headband and hair accessory ideas for a little girl. Here's what I've found so far.

Ribbon Headband

Easy Knitted Headband

Silky Headband

Easy Headband

No comments: