Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Frugal Compromise

I ordered the Tofurky. The mere mention that I was considering not ordering it resulted in agitation. Its actually a good example of a frugal compromise. The Tofurky was on sale and although not a true bargain, the satisfaction it gives makes it worth the price. I am going to play around with some other "roast" type recipes to bring to my parents and I'll save the Tofurky for us.

I dropped off the sewing machine at the repair shop last night. The repairs it needs seem to be minor, although he'll call if he finds anything else. This is another example of a frugal compromise. Repairing the machine and giving it a tune up will cost about $80, but its money well spent because in the long run it saves me time and money.

Being frugal doesn't mean never spending a penny, it simply means all the pennies you spend are spent wisely!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Katie,

I really love your last line.

"Being frugal doesn't mean never spending a penny, it simply means all the pennies you spend are spent wisely!"

A lot of people don't realize that. Sometimes you need to spend some money, whether on fixing something or buying something that will save in electricity, or time, or have some other payoff.

Barbara

Katie said...

I'm glad you liked that line Barbara. I really thought it summed things up nicely.