Sunday, October 16, 2005

More Chickpea Options

Today we'll be visiting with family who flew in for the wedding. I'm planning to make more of the Apple Butter Pull Aparts to take with us but I've just realized one family member is gluten intolerant. I've decided to try making Chickpea Nibbles so she has a snacking option as well.

Chickpea Nibbles are a recipe from How It All Vegan by Tanya Barnard and Sarah Kramer but I've seen versions of it in several places. Basically it's two cups cooked chickpeas tossed with your favorite seasonings and 1 tbs of oil. Its baked in a 400 degree oven turning halfway through. I know it breaks my rule about never trying new recipes on company but it certainly sounds simple enough and if its a bust I'll just leave it home. BTW, for fans of How It All Vegan and The Garden of Vegan, Sarah Kramer has a new cookbook coming out in November called, La Dolce Vegan. I love the titles of her/their cookbooks. Sarah's website is www.govegan.net if you want to keep track of what she's got in the works.

Also on today's agenda is making bread and breakfast for the week.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Yes they are very similar to soynuts. I took these cookbooks out of the library but they were so filled with good info and just plain old fun that I really wanted to own them.