I've been tinkering around with recipes again, trying to decrease the amounts of sugar in them. I substituted blackstrap molasses for half of the sugar in my banana bread last night. It worked out very well in terms of sweetness, however, I forgot to adjust the amount of liquid in the recipe. As a result, its a bit gooey and needs to be toasted prior to serving. Overall, I'm very pleased. I'm fairly certain I can solve the liquid problems in the next batch. Once I've got a more reliable recipe, I'll post it. I like blackstrap molasses because its a good source of iron and calcium, two things vegans need.
The organic seed potatoes came in yesterday. Thanks to a wise gardener's input, I'll be planting them in two old garbage cans that have holes in the bottom. To see more about potato planting click here. I've also gotten Jerusalem Artichokes to plant as well. I'm told these will grow in containers but I'll be planting some in the ground as well.
We still belong to the CSA but each year I want to increase what I personally am growing. Our next trip to the Adirondacks should provide me with an update on the currant bushes that we planted in the fall. I've got my fingers crossed.