Monday, September 04, 2006

Cleaning Out That Fridge & Other Tales of the End of Summer Vacation

Wow, this weekend was busier than ever as we packed up to come back to the Hudson Valley. In fact, it was so busy that I haven't had time to blog about it! Even as I type this, I really don't have time to blog about it!

Cleaning out the fridge went really well. To use up the beets, carrots and potatoes we made roasted root veggies and served them along with Vegan Sloppy Joes. The Sloppy Joes used the last of the ketchup and barbeque sauce, as well as the leftover kale stems and cooked eggplant.

We finished the vacation off with two days of big breakfasts. The frozen bananas were used in banana pancakes and smoothies. Some of the potatoes were used in potato scramble and the rest were made into herb roasted potatoes.

This was one of my most successful fridge/cupboard cleanouts because it never felt like we were suffering through a barrage of unwanted, mismatched meals. Of course the big batch of chocolate chip cookies that I made thanks to Isa's Vegan with a Vengeance helped sweeten the deal.

We were able to load the car with quite a bit for our Dollar or Less Tag Sale. The car was unbelievably packed. I feared if we hit a bump, the car might explode and vomit our belongings all over the highway. I think there's a lesson about clutter to be learned here.

No comments: