Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Cooking for a Snow Tubing Crowd

This weekend we're entertaining in the mountains. We're having a snow tubing weekend. My posts over the next few days will focus on the meal planning and pre-prep work that will minimize my costs and my time in the kitchen.

The challenges in this are that I'm not sure how many people I'll be having and for which meals they will be there. This means I need meals that can easily be stretched and that store well in the event of leftovers. Most of the guests are not vegetarian which presents its own unique set of challenges.

We're also planning a morning thrift store spree. My two favorite thrift stores are in the Adirondacks and now that Mary's been introduced the local thrift store, its time for her to see the best one in the state!

I've gotten the ball rolling by making several batches of donut dough and popping it in the freezer. The dough will do double duty as icepacks for the ride up. Check out the comments from Friday, January 20, 2006 for some tips on making the No Fry Donuts.

3 comments:

Ruthie said...

Katie--

SNOW tubing?! That sounds INCREDIBLY fun!!! I'm holding my breath for our decision to move (based on who gives dh the most financial aid, of course!) but the place we're most excited about has PLENTY of that white stuff! If its our final destination, I'm planning to take up xc skiing. I can only remember being in snow for approximately three days in the last 18 years (we moved from snowy Oklahoma when I was 4). :)

Ruthie

Katie said...

It is a lot of fun.

victoria seo said...

The most outstanding component about this blog is the means by which it doesn't neglect to keep its gathering of people connected with at each point.
best-snow-tubes-reviews